In April 2020, the emergence of the COVID-19 crisis and subsequent travel, event and social restrictions led to major disruptions across the globe.
With tens of thousands of young Australian adults and other non-school leavers facing job losses, reduced employment and business closures, Southern Cross University’s mid-year intake (Session 2) offered an immediate option for students looking to future-proof their career.
The campaign theme, ‘It’s time to reset,’ acknowledged this uncertainty and presented study as a way for people to take back control of their lives:
- The world as you know it might have stopped, but your education doesn’t have to.
- With decades of delivering flexible study
- For the jobs Australia needs
- And outstanding student support,
- Reset your future and take back control.
- Study at Southern Cross University.
Stephen Matchett, Editor of the Campus Morning Mail, praised the message as “a recruitment campaign that keeps it real. The new campaign acknowledges this terrible time of fire and pestilence but presents study as a way for people to take control.”